Skip to main content

Glossybox #22 - March 2016

I have been looking forward to receiving this box, not because of sneak peeks (I actually haven't seen any) it’s because I used my Glossydots to purchase it. It can take ages to save the points, plus I don’t really like doing the reviews, but it is worth it to get a ‘free’ box once in a while. Here is what I got this month:-

LUXIE Rose Gold Large Angled Face Brush (504)
| Full Size |
This is a lovely looking brush and the bristles are so soft. I am looking forward to giving it ago. I will most likely use it for bronzer or maybe highlighter.
--- £10.42 ---

OLAY Regenerist Skin Tone Perfecting Cream
| 7ml - Sample |
This is a cute little sample and it smells really nice.
--- £29.99 - 50ml ---

Hey Honey Good Morning Honey Silk Facial Serum
| 15ml - Sample |
I’ve not heard of this brand before and the packaging is nice. You have to cut the top of the applicator to open it, which will keep the product nice and fresh until you want to start using it.
--- £28.81 - 30ml ---

-417 Catharsis Vitamin Mineral Shampoo & Conditioner
| 40ml - Samples |
I’ve not heard of this brand before either and both samples smell really nice. They do sound quite interesting and would be good to test whilst travelling.
--- £16.89 - 250ml ---

COLLECTION Speedy Highlighter in Pearl Sheen (01)
| 5g - Full Size |
This product smells odd and I do like the idea behind it. I think the shade is slight too light and neutral for me, it doesn’t really show up on my skin when swatched. Plus I don’t think the texture is creamy enough to apply over foundation and powders. I suppose I will have to give it ago to find out.
--- £3.99 ---

I have been gradually unsubscribing from beauty boxes and have now decided that this will be my last Glossybox, for a while anyway. I love receiving them, but I receive a range of products and the majority of them don’t get used. I feel like that in every beauty box post, I say I don’t like certain products; lipglosses, lip balms, all hair products, body products (lotions, creams etc), face products (creams, foundation samples etc), and these are the types of products that are always included in all types of beauty boxes. I’m basically subscribed on the off chance that I might receive a good make-up product (mascara, pink lipstick, eyeliner etc) or perfume samples. If you add up what I have had and what I’ve actually kept/use, it is a complete waste of money! This isn’t the company’s fault, it’s mine because I am a make-up and perfume junkie and all other products just don’t interest me, plus I can be quite picky with what I will use. I feel like I’m just paying for items I don’t want, just to store them a while and then throw them away, I may as well just burn the £13.25 a month! I’m not saying I won’t subscribe again, but I think a rolling subscription is just feeding my bad habit and is not helping. I think in future if I see an interesting box, I might just buy that one-off box and then maybe I will appreciate it more.

Anyway, enough with the negatives this box was quite interesting this month apart from the obvious problem products. I really like the look of the brush and I would say that this is the star product of the box, plus every subscriber got one of these in their box this month. I have seen other boxes that received a Too Faced Melted Lipstick, so I am a little sad that I didn’t get one, but I am a little scared of the swatches I’ve seen of them, so if I did get one, knowing my luck it would have been a bright red or purple shade!

Sneak Peek!
The teaser for April’s box is that everyone will receive a The Body Shop Oils of Life Facial Oil.

What are your thoughts on this box?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jouer Skinny Dip Palette

I first saw this palette when Jouer released their Skinny Dip make-up collection and I nearly bought it, but I changed my mind because I already have a million palettes. As you can see, I have changed my mind again and I am very glad that I did. The packaging is quite compact. It is made out of reflective foil gold cardboard and the typography is simple. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift to reveal a small rectangular mirror on one side and then the six eyeshadow pans on the other. The shade names are written underneath each pan. You get six ultra-foil shimmer eyeshadows in blinding shades with a net weight of 7.5g. The sixth shade is actually described as more of a glitter shade. STAR LIGHT - platinum BIKINI - champagne pink SKINNY DIP - champagne gold TAN LINES - antique bronze MAGIC HOUR - warm taupe MIDNIGHT SWIM - cocoa bronze The eyeshadows should be highly pigmented, have an intense shimmery and metallic finish, be long wearing and cre

BPERFECT Cosmetics X Stacey Marie Carnival III: Love Tahiti Palette - Swatches

Please Note: I mean’t to review this palette a while ago, but didn’t get around to it. I thought I would still share the pictures with you. You can purchase the BPERFECT Cosmetics X Stacey Marie Carnival III: Love Tahiti Palette for £36.95 from BPerfectCosmetics.com . | I purchased this palette for £36.95 from BeautyBay.com | | Swatch Stencil: Stripes Double 36 Pan by SwatchPerfect.co.uk | | M = Matte, ME = Metallic, HPS = High Pigment Shimmer & DSPP = Duo-Shift Pressed Pigment |

Review: Rimmel Wake Me Up

Wake Me Up Foundation I bought this after seeing the advertisement for it on Rimmel’s Facebook, and I thought the description sounded perfect for me. The packaging is made of glass and it has a curved shape, with the Rimmel logo and product name printed in the centre on a bit of plastic tape. The cap is a slanted block shape made of plastic and it is a bright orange colour with glitter sparkle. This product has an orange plastic pump, which dispenses the product. All the relevant information is printed on the back, like most products. It is also packaged in a plastic wrapper, with a security tag. This product is marketed as a foundation that “instantly reawakens skin, with a healthy, radiant glow”. It is also mean’t to be light weight and give a poreless and flawless complexion. It also contains SPF15 for sun protection and illuminating pearls, which is mean’t to give your face a natural glow. It is also mean’t to “bounce your skin back to life” and banish the signs of fat