Skip to main content

Birchbox #5 - February 2016

I saw the sneak peek for this month’s box so I decided to re-subscribe again. What caught my eye the most was the Spectrum brush that is included. This month’s box design is also very nice and has the quote “Shine bright like a diamond” in the middle of the design. There was three colour themes for this month’s box; purple, blue and pink. I received the pink version. Here is what goodies I received this month:
Spectrum Collections Tapered Powder Brush
| Full Size - £7.99 |
I’ve seen these brushes before and they all look cool. The bristles are so soft too! It’s nice to get a different type of brush, instead of the usual eyeshadow brush that most beauty boxes tend to include. It is a great brush and I would probably just use it for applying blush because I prefer my powder brushes to be a bit larger.

LOC One and Done Shadow Stick in Champagne Problems
| 1.35g - £8.00 |
Every box this month includes this product, but you got to choose the shade. There were two choices; champagne or gold. I chose the champagne colour and it does swatch quite nice. I just wish that these types of eye pencils would twist up instead of requiring sharpening because it is less messy.

Herbalosophy Balance Shampoo
| 40ml - £16.00 |
It smells quite nice, but as it is a hair product it doesn’t interest me.

Korres Milk Proteins 3-in-1 Cleansing Emulsion
| 16ml - £15.00 |
I’m always up for trying new face cleansers and this one seems very beneficial with it containing milk proteins.

Aromatherapy Associates Revive Body Gel
| 40ml - £33.00 |
This product smells nice too. I’m not into body moisturising, mostly because I’m too lazy, so I probably won’t use this much. I have tried it on my hands and it was ok.

Egyptian Magic All Purpose Skin Cream
| 3ml (Sample Sachet) - £29.00 |
This is the BEAUTY BONUS product of the box. I’m not really interested in using this sample, but from reading the instructions it is a cream, but when you rub it into your hands it should turn to oil, which can then be applied to your face. I think that is what the ‘magic’ claim is.
It was a good box this month, but it just confirms the reasons I unsubscribed in the first place. I will be unsubscribing again, but I can’t promise that I won’t subscribe again in the future, especially if the sneak peeks look too good to miss.

What are your thoughts on this box?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jouer Skinny Dip Palette

I first saw this palette when Jouer released their Skinny Dip make-up collection and I nearly bought it, but I changed my mind because I already have a million palettes. As you can see, I have changed my mind again and I am very glad that I did. The packaging is quite compact. It is made out of reflective foil gold cardboard and the typography is simple. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift to reveal a small rectangular mirror on one side and then the six eyeshadow pans on the other. The shade names are written underneath each pan. You get six ultra-foil shimmer eyeshadows in blinding shades with a net weight of 7.5g. The sixth shade is actually described as more of a glitter shade. STAR LIGHT - platinum BIKINI - champagne pink SKINNY DIP - champagne gold TAN LINES - antique bronze MAGIC HOUR - warm taupe MIDNIGHT SWIM - cocoa bronze The eyeshadows should be highly pigmented, have an intense shimmery and metallic finish, be long wearing and cre

BPERFECT Cosmetics X Stacey Marie Carnival III: Love Tahiti Palette - Swatches

Please Note: I mean’t to review this palette a while ago, but didn’t get around to it. I thought I would still share the pictures with you. You can purchase the BPERFECT Cosmetics X Stacey Marie Carnival III: Love Tahiti Palette for £36.95 from BPerfectCosmetics.com . | I purchased this palette for £36.95 from BeautyBay.com | | Swatch Stencil: Stripes Double 36 Pan by SwatchPerfect.co.uk | | M = Matte, ME = Metallic, HPS = High Pigment Shimmer & DSPP = Duo-Shift Pressed Pigment |

Review: Rimmel Wake Me Up

Wake Me Up Foundation I bought this after seeing the advertisement for it on Rimmel’s Facebook, and I thought the description sounded perfect for me. The packaging is made of glass and it has a curved shape, with the Rimmel logo and product name printed in the centre on a bit of plastic tape. The cap is a slanted block shape made of plastic and it is a bright orange colour with glitter sparkle. This product has an orange plastic pump, which dispenses the product. All the relevant information is printed on the back, like most products. It is also packaged in a plastic wrapper, with a security tag. This product is marketed as a foundation that “instantly reawakens skin, with a healthy, radiant glow”. It is also mean’t to be light weight and give a poreless and flawless complexion. It also contains SPF15 for sun protection and illuminating pearls, which is mean’t to give your face a natural glow. It is also mean’t to “bounce your skin back to life” and banish the signs of fat