Skip to main content

Glossybox #13 - January 2015

My first Glossybox post of the year, and it won’t be the last! This box is actually quite exciting and you also get a HellFresh.co.uk £25.00 gift card and that next month preview card. For February’s preview, everyone will get a full size Royal Apothic Tintie Lip Butter in their box. Let’s see what I got in my first box of 2015:-
| 15g - £10.00 |
I have tested this and it is a nice product. The colour is a bit odd, but as an eye base would look pretty. It spreads quite a long way, which I don’t like for a cheekbone highlighter because it’s a bit messy, no matter how much you squeeze out! The packaging is also very nice and the tube comes quite full with the product.

| 200ml - £9.00 |
I am quite excited to try this because I love trying face cleaners. This one smells quite nice and the description sounds very promising.

| 4.25g - £4.00 |
I’m not really into lip balms and if I need to use one, I tend to go for a tinted one. It does smell kind of pleasant, fruity and like really sweet brown sugar.

| £4.00 |
I am always interested in trying eyeliner pencils and I am kind of glad that this shade isn’t black. I haven’t tried it fully yet, but from the swatch I did, the formula seems very smooth.

| 5g - £7.00 |
The packaging of this product is quite nice, but I don’t like the concept of application! I prefer pan blushes and the colour looks quite nice, but too bright and rosy for me. Also the powder smells quite strange; I wouldn’t purchase this product myself.

This is a really good box and I can get use out of everything (but the £25.00 voucher). The most interesting product to me is the toner and the least interesting product is the lip balm. I am excited for next month’s box, mostly because it’s free because I collected enough Glossydots!

What are your thoughts on this box?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jouer Skinny Dip Palette

I first saw this palette when Jouer released their Skinny Dip make-up collection and I nearly bought it, but I changed my mind because I already have a million palettes. As you can see, I have changed my mind again and I am very glad that I did. The packaging is quite compact. It is made out of reflective foil gold cardboard and the typography is simple. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift to reveal a small rectangular mirror on one side and then the six eyeshadow pans on the other. The shade names are written underneath each pan. You get six ultra-foil shimmer eyeshadows in blinding shades with a net weight of 7.5g. The sixth shade is actually described as more of a glitter shade. STAR LIGHT - platinum BIKINI - champagne pink SKINNY DIP - champagne gold TAN LINES - antique bronze MAGIC HOUR - warm taupe MIDNIGHT SWIM - cocoa bronze The eyeshadows should be highly pigmented, have an intense shimmery and metallic finish, be long wearing and cre

BPERFECT Cosmetics X Stacey Marie Carnival III: Love Tahiti Palette - Swatches

Please Note: I mean’t to review this palette a while ago, but didn’t get around to it. I thought I would still share the pictures with you. You can purchase the BPERFECT Cosmetics X Stacey Marie Carnival III: Love Tahiti Palette for £36.95 from BPerfectCosmetics.com . | I purchased this palette for £36.95 from BeautyBay.com | | Swatch Stencil: Stripes Double 36 Pan by SwatchPerfect.co.uk | | M = Matte, ME = Metallic, HPS = High Pigment Shimmer & DSPP = Duo-Shift Pressed Pigment |

Review: Rimmel Wake Me Up

Wake Me Up Foundation I bought this after seeing the advertisement for it on Rimmel’s Facebook, and I thought the description sounded perfect for me. The packaging is made of glass and it has a curved shape, with the Rimmel logo and product name printed in the centre on a bit of plastic tape. The cap is a slanted block shape made of plastic and it is a bright orange colour with glitter sparkle. This product has an orange plastic pump, which dispenses the product. All the relevant information is printed on the back, like most products. It is also packaged in a plastic wrapper, with a security tag. This product is marketed as a foundation that “instantly reawakens skin, with a healthy, radiant glow”. It is also mean’t to be light weight and give a poreless and flawless complexion. It also contains SPF15 for sun protection and illuminating pearls, which is mean’t to give your face a natural glow. It is also mean’t to “bounce your skin back to life” and banish the signs of fat