Skip to main content

Empties #17 - June, July & August 2014

I thought I would do an Empties post seeing as though it has been a while since I have done one. I have mostly used up necessities again, but there are a few extras I’ve managed to use up and get rid of.

This was my first bottle of this shampoo and it is definitely better than the Head & Shoulders one I was previously using. It doesn’t give you amazing results, but it smells nice, is inexpensive and it works for me. I have already got another bottle on the go!
250ml | £1.99

I received a sample of this in a beauty box and the scent is beautiful! You can really smell the figs and mandarin flowers. I am tempted to purchase this in the 30ml bottle, as it is not as expensive as you would think.
30ml | £16

I have used up several bottles of this cleanser in the past and it is my favourite! It smells amazing and it really works for my skin. I already have another bottle on the go.
200ml | £8

I have had this bronzer for around two years and it is my favourite and it lasts forever! It looks really natural and it blends really well. It is still being discontinued, but it was announced in 2012 that Miners would no longer stock it, yet they still sell it on their website! I would say get it while you can, but I can’t see it going anytime soon! But as it is still under threat of being discontinued, it has been on sale for £2.99 since 2012, so grab it for £2 off while you can instead.
7.5g | £4.99

I received this in a gift set last Christmas and it is the 50ml mini size. It has a very light scent, but it is nice. I probably wouldn’t buy this myself, as I prefer Impulse because they have stronger scents.
75ml | £1.70

Dove GoFresh Body Wash in Revive
I got this shower gel in a duo gift set last Christmas and this one is the Pomegranate & Lemon Verbena scent. It smells so divine! It smells very fresh and fruity and it lathers great too. I would consider re-purchasing it.
250ml | £2.40

This candle was disappointing! You couldn’t smell it whilst it was burning and the colour change effect isn’t as good when it’s a plain candle jar. I wouldn’t re-purchase this particular scent!
155g | £7

ASDA Little Angels Baby Wipes (Fragrance Free)
I have used up two packets of these and they are just good basic wipes. I haven’t re-purchased them though because I haven’t been to an ASDA for a few months. Next time I shop in ASDA, I might pick up some more packets.
64-wipes | 87p

Cien BodyCare Classic Anti-Perspirant Deodorant
I have used up a few cans this last few months and it is still my favourite deodorant!
200ml | 75p

I received this as a sample sachet in a beauty box at the same time as the perfume. It smells amazing and it lathered great too! I probably wouldn’t buy it as it’s a little steep in price for a shower gel.
200ml | £9

I got this as a mini in a gift set and it is not bad. It smells lovely and it lathers very well and it leaves your skin feeling so soft. I just wish it was more grainy and abrasive. I do have a full size too from another gift set but when I have used up that one, I will be going back to my beloved Breakfast Scrub!
50ml | £2.50

The shade I used is 010 Light Porcelain and I love this foundation. I have used up bottles of this before and I just can’t use anything else. I also love the matching concealer! I already have a review on both if you are interested.
30ml | £6.99

I have the mini size, which I received in a Glossybox last year. It smells amazing and so fresh. It is a mostly floral scent, but it doesn’t smell old. I haven’t purchased a full bottle as of yet, but I am ever so tempted!
30ml | £35

This was my first time using this type of Listerine mouthwash and it was ok, but the purple version is still my favourite. I loved that I bought the large bottle though because it lasted me a lot longer. I am currently using Corsodyl, but I will be looking for the purple large size of Listerine.
1L | £5.25

I received this in a gift set last Christmas and it is the 50ml mini size. It has a light and fresh scent and it smells quite girly too. It is the least offensive scent I have ever smelt and I would consider purchasing in the future. I just wish these body sprays were as strong as the Impulse ones!
75ml | £1.70

GARNIER PureActive Moisturiser
I bought this to use at night and it was ok. It was very cooling on your skin and the consistency was quite running, so you didn’t need to use much because it spread quite far. It smelled nice (cucumber) and it didn’t really do anything special for me. I would re-purchase it if I really needed a new moisturiser and it was the only one I was interested in at the time.
40ml | £3.50

I really enjoyed this shower gel and I love the Soap & Glory shower gels in general. This one smelled really yummy and it was like you were bathing in popcorn. I may re-purchase this one again, but I still have another Dove shower gel and S&P Sugar Crush shower gel to use up first!
500ml | £6.50

I received this in a gift set last Christmas and it is the 50ml mini size. It has a slightly musky scent, but it still smells very feminine.
75ml | £1.70

Avon Naturals Scented Spritz in Lily & Gardenia
This has a really strong scent and it sounds funny now, but I didn’t think it would smell so flowery! It was great as my room spray, but I won’t be re-purchasing it.
100ml | £3

I received this in a Boots goody bag and it was ok, but it had a strange texture and I only got the sample size so I wouldn’t really notice the effects. Having tried it though, it doesn’t make me want to try the full size.
30ml | £24.95

I might carry on and do these posts every so often when my Empties bag is full. It just saves me repeatedly writing about the same products each month! I am slowly sorting through my make-up collection and I will be doing a blog sale at some point, probably next year now.

What have you used up this month?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Katie Price 'Stunning' Perfume VS JoJo Siwa 'Be You' Perfume - Are they the same?

I was browsing on AllBeauty.com and looking at celebrity fragrances and I saw that one was listed for JoJo Siwa. I had heard of JoJo before, but I don’t really know anything about her. I clicked on it out of interest and when I first saw the image of the perfume, I thought maybe the wrong photograph had been uploaded until I clicked on it and saw the description of the perfume. When I first saw the photograph, before I clicked on it to read the description, I instantly thought, that’s Stunning by Katie Price! I looked into it a bit more and compared it to Stunning. The JoJo Siwa “version” is called Be You. Photo Source: Perfume.com Stunning by Katie Price ·          Released in 2007 (12 years ago). ·          Contains the notes; Mandarin Orange, Jasmine & Patchouli. ·          Classed as a floral scent. ·          Marketed as an adult’s fragrance. ·          Diamonds by Next is a confirmed dupe of this perfume, but the bottle is completely different. You w

SEVENTEEN Miracle Matte Pressed Powder

I bought this to try because I wanted to see if it was better than the Rimmel one because they are the same price and I love the Rimmel one, but this one has better packaging. Also SEVENTEEN did a Shine Away Pressed Powder, which was discontinued and I think this is the same powder but re-branded. I tried the Shine Away and didn’t like it as much as the Rimmel one, but I wanted to try this one just in case they are not the same. The packaging is a black plastic compact with the logo on the front and the inside of the lid is a mirror. You get a face sponge and a plastic cover which protects the powder and the sponge sits of top of it so that it is not touching the powder. On the base of the compact is all the relevant information. For application you can use the sponge that is included or your favourite powder brush. The formula is oil-free and you get 10g of product. I have the shade Natural Fair, which is the lightest shade. This powder is supposed to mattify your skin and

Review: Rimmel Wake Me Up

Wake Me Up Foundation I bought this after seeing the advertisement for it on Rimmel’s Facebook, and I thought the description sounded perfect for me. The packaging is made of glass and it has a curved shape, with the Rimmel logo and product name printed in the centre on a bit of plastic tape. The cap is a slanted block shape made of plastic and it is a bright orange colour with glitter sparkle. This product has an orange plastic pump, which dispenses the product. All the relevant information is printed on the back, like most products. It is also packaged in a plastic wrapper, with a security tag. This product is marketed as a foundation that “instantly reawakens skin, with a healthy, radiant glow”. It is also mean’t to be light weight and give a poreless and flawless complexion. It also contains SPF15 for sun protection and illuminating pearls, which is mean’t to give your face a natural glow. It is also mean’t to “bounce your skin back to life” and banish the signs of fat