Skip to main content

Birchbox #2 - July 2014

This is my second ever Birchbox (arrived yesterday) and I was interested to see if it beat last month’s box. I got another free lifestyle extra, so I am assuming you get one every month! Here is what I received this month:-
Models Own Nail Polish in Sparkler
| £5 – ModelsOwnIt.com |
This is my first ever Models Own nail polish and it is from the Fireworks collection. It looks like a very pretty top coat, but I’m not sure if I would actually use it. Only time will tell!

Balance Me Wonder Eye Cream
| £20 (15ml) – BalanceMe.co.uk |
I have owned a lip balm from this brand before and this eye cream does sound interesting. I will give it a go because I am always on the lookout for a new/different eye cream.

LAQA & CO Lip Lube in Menatour
| £14.95 (full size) – LAQAandCO.co.uk |
I have never heard of this brand before and this product looks very interesting. It is a cute mini size and the colour is a bright purple. It is not something I would typically wear, but I will give it a whirl!

Benefit The Porefessional
| £24.50 (22ml) – BenefitCosmetics.co.uk |
I already have this in a full size and smaller sample size, so I will never run out! I haven’t actually got around to trying it yet, but I LOVE Benefit products.

Whish Three Wishes Body Butter™ in Lavender
| £14.50 (150ml) – WhishBody.com |
This brand is new to me too and I’ve said before, I really dislike body butters! This one smells nice, but I will just not use it.

Filosofille 4 Sided Nail Buffer
| Free Gift |
This is the lifestyle extra for this box and it is a sweet addition. I will probably not use it, so I have given it to my sister.

The selection I received this month is kind of boring, June’s box was definitely much better! I will still get use out of the items, but they are not as exciting as the ones from the last box. I am staying subscribed for now though because I saw a teaser for the August box and it looks promising for now!

What are your thoughts on this box?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jouer Skinny Dip Palette

I first saw this palette when Jouer released their Skinny Dip make-up collection and I nearly bought it, but I changed my mind because I already have a million palettes. As you can see, I have changed my mind again and I am very glad that I did. The packaging is quite compact. It is made out of reflective foil gold cardboard and the typography is simple. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift to reveal a small rectangular mirror on one side and then the six eyeshadow pans on the other. The shade names are written underneath each pan. You get six ultra-foil shimmer eyeshadows in blinding shades with a net weight of 7.5g. The sixth shade is actually described as more of a glitter shade. STAR LIGHT - platinum BIKINI - champagne pink SKINNY DIP - champagne gold TAN LINES - antique bronze MAGIC HOUR - warm taupe MIDNIGHT SWIM - cocoa bronze The eyeshadows should be highly pigmented, have an intense shimmery and metallic finish, be long wearing and cre

BPERFECT Cosmetics X Stacey Marie Carnival III: Love Tahiti Palette - Swatches

Please Note: I mean’t to review this palette a while ago, but didn’t get around to it. I thought I would still share the pictures with you. You can purchase the BPERFECT Cosmetics X Stacey Marie Carnival III: Love Tahiti Palette for £36.95 from BPerfectCosmetics.com . | I purchased this palette for £36.95 from BeautyBay.com | | Swatch Stencil: Stripes Double 36 Pan by SwatchPerfect.co.uk | | M = Matte, ME = Metallic, HPS = High Pigment Shimmer & DSPP = Duo-Shift Pressed Pigment |

Review: Rimmel Wake Me Up

Wake Me Up Foundation I bought this after seeing the advertisement for it on Rimmel’s Facebook, and I thought the description sounded perfect for me. The packaging is made of glass and it has a curved shape, with the Rimmel logo and product name printed in the centre on a bit of plastic tape. The cap is a slanted block shape made of plastic and it is a bright orange colour with glitter sparkle. This product has an orange plastic pump, which dispenses the product. All the relevant information is printed on the back, like most products. It is also packaged in a plastic wrapper, with a security tag. This product is marketed as a foundation that “instantly reawakens skin, with a healthy, radiant glow”. It is also mean’t to be light weight and give a poreless and flawless complexion. It also contains SPF15 for sun protection and illuminating pearls, which is mean’t to give your face a natural glow. It is also mean’t to “bounce your skin back to life” and banish the signs of fat