Skip to main content

Empties #13 - January 2014

Welcome to my first Empties post of the year! I had a bit of a clear out this month, which is still on-going I’m afraid to say! Let’s get into what I managed to rid myself of!

Schwarzkopf Palette Intensive Cream Colour in 678 Ruby Red
I dyed my hair again this month just before Christmas. I still haven’t found another type I am interested in using. I think I might try a new colour sometime this year, maybe a lighter brunette.
115ml | £3.98

I have the 8ml sample size, which I received last year in a Glossybox. When I first got it, it smelled so lovely of rose and I have barely used it and it has completely dried up, gone sticky and doesn’t smell at all. I am a little disappointed, but it is organic and probably why it spoils quickly. I probably would re-purchase it again, when I know for certain it will get used.
17ml | £4.95

Glade Candle in Honey & Chocolate
This is the third candle I have had of this scent, so it must be my favourite! I will definitely re-purchase it again soon.
120g | £5

I am still using the many cans I bought of it and I have repurchased it. I still wish I could get my hands on the larger size.
150ml | £1

Glade Candle in Spiced Pomegranate (LE)
I got this as a Christmas gift and it is the second one I have had of this scent. It is one of my favourite scents from Glade and I wish I could have got my hands on the matching room spray. I’m sad that it is limited edition, but I’m sure it will still be available in discount stores and there are some non-limited edition scents I love.
120g | £5

I got this hair straightener in a set over two years ago. It came with a matching hairdryer, which I’ve only used twice. I’ve included this is my empties because it is time to let go of it. I’ve had it for a long time and I’ve used it almost every day since I got it. At the start of the month I noticed it wasn’t heating up as well as it used to and I knew it was time to get a new one. This one was brilliant and it is the second hair straightener I’ve had from Nicky Clarke and I wouldn’t go back to another brand. Nicky Clarke’s can be quite expensive, but if you wait for a sale or a special gift set it is worth it! I’ve already bought some new Nicky Clarke’s to replace these and I will be sad to let them go because they are purple! L
230°c | £60

I bought this one because it was convenient at the time and it is great. It lathers up very well and it is very creamy and smells divine. I may re-purchase it in the future, but at the moment I have tons of shower gels from Christmas to work through!
300ml | £1.99

Glade 2in1 Candle in Bali Sandalwood & Vanilla
This was my first jar of the 2in1 candle and I much prefer the regular Glade candles because they are stronger. The 2in1 was a bit of a let-down, but the jar is reusable and I may still re-purchase because I am a sucker for the Glade scents.
135g | £7

This was my second bottle and I am now back to using my favourite Listerine mouthwash because this one does not compare it!
500ml | £2.99

Pearl Drops Toothpolish in Party Sparkle
This was my first tube of the Party Sparkle and like the last one I had, I’ve haven’t noticed any difference! I might still re-purchase though because I can pick this up for 99p from Home Bargains.
50ml | £3.99

I have had many bottles of this and it is my favourite face wash. This was my first bottle of the new design and I have to say that I do prefer the old pink packaging because it was thinner and the dispenser locked. The product still works the same and I actually replaced the pump with a shower gel cap, so I didn’t have to worry about the product dispensing by accident in my wash bag. I already have another bottle on the go!
200ml | £8

I have the shade 100 ivory and it is my favourite Rimmel foundation and favourite foundation overall! It matches my skin really well and makes my face look fresh and wide awake. It has great coverage and I also use the matching concealer, which is also my favourite. I would re-purchase.
30ml | £6.99

It is time to throw these away as they have completely dried up! The coffee shade has shrunk to the size of a pea!!! I can’t really believe it, they are a terrible product. On my review of them I was quite nice, but my opinion has changed a lot since then. I will NEVER EVER purchase these again!
4.7g | £3.75

These were not bad lipglosses once upon a time, but I’ve now had them a while and they’ve gone gloopy. I just don’t wear lipgloss anyway. They are really pigmented and shiny, but too sticky for my liking. They are good, but I wouldn’t re-purchase them!
6.5g | £3.50

Glade Room Spray in Blackberry Frost (LE)
This was my first can of the scent and it is really nice. I also bought the matching candle. It was a great scent for Winter and is no longer available because it was Limited Edition for Winter 2013.
275ml | £3

Soap & Glory Clean On Me Shower Gel (Mini)
I’ve had this shower gel several times before and it is in the original Soap & Glory scent. All of the shower gels smell great and the full sized ones last forever!
75ml | £2.50

ASDA Little Angels Baby Wipes (Fragrance Free)
I’ve used up another packet of these again.
64wipes | 87p

Purity Plus+ Deep Pore Cleansing 2 in 1 Cleansing & Toning Lotion
This was my second bottle and I still love it. I will re-purchase, but I am going to try something new.
150ml | 99p

I hope to get rid of even more stuff for the next Empties post. I might combine February and March, but we’ll see. I am also hoping to get a lot more reviews out next month, so watch this space!

What have you used up this month?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jouer Skinny Dip Palette

I first saw this palette when Jouer released their Skinny Dip make-up collection and I nearly bought it, but I changed my mind because I already have a million palettes. As you can see, I have changed my mind again and I am very glad that I did. The packaging is quite compact. It is made out of reflective foil gold cardboard and the typography is simple. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift to reveal a small rectangular mirror on one side and then the six eyeshadow pans on the other. The shade names are written underneath each pan. You get six ultra-foil shimmer eyeshadows in blinding shades with a net weight of 7.5g. The sixth shade is actually described as more of a glitter shade. STAR LIGHT - platinum BIKINI - champagne pink SKINNY DIP - champagne gold TAN LINES - antique bronze MAGIC HOUR - warm taupe MIDNIGHT SWIM - cocoa bronze The eyeshadows should be highly pigmented, have an intense shimmery and metallic finish, be long wearing and cre

Review: Rimmel Wake Me Up

Wake Me Up Foundation I bought this after seeing the advertisement for it on Rimmel’s Facebook, and I thought the description sounded perfect for me. The packaging is made of glass and it has a curved shape, with the Rimmel logo and product name printed in the centre on a bit of plastic tape. The cap is a slanted block shape made of plastic and it is a bright orange colour with glitter sparkle. This product has an orange plastic pump, which dispenses the product. All the relevant information is printed on the back, like most products. It is also packaged in a plastic wrapper, with a security tag. This product is marketed as a foundation that “instantly reawakens skin, with a healthy, radiant glow”. It is also mean’t to be light weight and give a poreless and flawless complexion. It also contains SPF15 for sun protection and illuminating pearls, which is mean’t to give your face a natural glow. It is also mean’t to “bounce your skin back to life” and banish the signs of fat

KALEIDOS Futurism V: Electro-Turquoise Palette - Swatches

Please Note: I mean’t to review this palette a while ago, but didn’t get around to it. I thought I would still share the swatches with you. THE SHADES & SWATCHES Wired - dark chocolate brown (M) Digiteal - deep teal blue (M) TRON - aqua blue with golden-green iridescence (DC) Voltaic - neon tangerine (M) Forcefield - cyan blue (M) Shockwave - white platinum with frosted diamond iridescence (DC)   You can purchase the KALEIDOS Futurism V: Electro-Turquoise Palette for $24.00 from KaleidosMakeup.com .   | I purchased this palette for £32.00 from Depop.com |   | DC = Duo-chrome & M = Matte |